AGM & GM 4th July 2020
CCFHS Inc GM & AGM 4TH JULY 2020
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and the requirements set by the Health Authorities the circumstances on the conducting of the GM & AGM will be very different in order to comply with Community Hall use regulations.
• Strict social distancing will apply. Chairs only will be available and be set at 4m² spacing. All chairs will be appropriately sanitised prior to use.
• Chairs will be placed at 1.5m outside the hall indicating whether to remain at the seat or if it is appropriate to enter the hall.
• Reception desks will be double depth and members to retain their 1.5m distancing while attending to registration. Registration will be performed by a Committee member, who will be wearing disposable gloves (no need to handle anything). There will not be a raffle or tea ticket.
• New membership cards will be provide for those who have recently renewed. A Committee member wearing gloves will provide your card.
• Members who need to renew their membership will need to go to the second set of tables to collect a form to be completed at another desk using your own pen. (A sanitised pen can be provided and must be returned to a cleaning container after use.) This desk will be opened from 12:00 noon to stagger attendance before the beginning of the meeting. REMINDER that membership was due by 26th July (an extension was made) and therefore you will need to pay an additional joining fee of $10.
• There will NOT be provision for a beverage or food as the kitchen is closed. You’re welcome to provide your own food and drink.
• Bookstall, crafts and preserves will not be available on this day.
• Pelican Press will not be in a paper format but can be read or downloaded from the Website prior to the meeting.
• Hand sanitiser and gloves will be available but we would prefer if you could supply your own.
• At the end of the meeting all chairs and tables to remain in place so that appropriate cleaning can be conducted before being stored.
Proceedings for the Meetings;
1. 1 pm. The guest speaker, Elizabeth Sequeira, will make her presentation first. She will discuss ways in which you can organise and present your research so that it will be appreciated by those who come after you. She will also demonstrate a range of products you can use to organise and safely store documents, photos, certificates and memorabilia. These products will be available for sale- cash or credit card, during the break afterwards. This will allow visitors the opportunity to leave before the official meeting.
2. 2 pm. The General Meeting will be conducted in a shorter format with only a few necessary reports presented. Acceptance of reports, other than the Treasurer's, will be accepted at the end.
3. 2:30 pm. The AGM to be conducted with reports from the President and Treasurer. David MacDonald, member, will then take over proceedings as the current Committee steps down.
4. Election of the Management Committee will then be conducted. A vote will be required for the extension of 1yr for the treasurer Ken Clark who has served in office for 3yrs. As only 8 nominations were received (at this date) for 12 positions and no nominations for an identical position it will be a matter of acceptance, no vote. REMINDER, that you need to be a current financial member to vote.
The Research Centre will NOT be opened to the members, other than the Committee to retrieve items for the conducting of the Meeting.
The Management Committee appreciates the members’ concerns with the Covid-19 health issues and there may be some reluctance to attend the GM & AGM. In order to conduct the meeting we require a minimum of 10 members or 5% of the financial members. We would also like you to support our guest speaker Elizabeth, who has stood by her commitment, in spite of Covid-19, to attend our meeting.
Please continue to forward nomination forms for the Management Committee positions, as well as your membership renewal form.
Download the Management Committee Nomination Form HERE
Download the Membership Renewal Form HERE
Your membership cards will be available for you at the Research Centre for collection once we are able to reopen.
Thank you for your continued support during this time.
We will continue to keep you informed through this difficult period and look forward to providing the AGM as soon as permitted. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this decision. Our focus currently is the health and wellbeing of our members and the community.
Direct Deposit Details:
Central Coast Family History Society Inc
BENDIGO BANK 101 Victoria St East Gosford
Account Number: 175073667
Reference: Mship Surname & Initial.
Example Email: Smith John & Jane Joint Membership, Paid 30/4 $80 (Joint Membership $70, Equipment $10)